Please note: Throwback Fridays are archival episodes from the Indie Film Hustle Podcast. After many requests from the IFH Tribe to bring back some of the show’s best episodes, I decided to create Throwback Fridays. These episodes will not be posted every week but at least twice a month…if not more. There are so much amazing info and knowledge bombs in many of these past episodes and I don’t want them to be lost in the sea of IFH Content so I’ll be putting a spotlight on them in Throwback Fridays. Enjoy!
HollyShorts: Confessions of a Film Festival Programmer
Have you ever wanted to know what really happens behind the scenes at a top-level film festival like the HollyShorts Film Festival? Well, this week I kidnapped co-founder and film festival programmer Daniel Sol, tied him up in a darkened warehouse and shined a bright light on his face to get the truth out of him.
The interview might not have been that dramatic but Daniel laid down a ton of behind the scenes knowledge bombs for all you Indie Film Hustlers out there.
HollyShorts! and I go way back. My first short film BROKEN played at the very first HollyShorts Film Festival over a decade ago and I’ve been friends with Daniel Sol and Theo Dumont (co-founders) ever since.
They truly care about filmmakers and were named one of the Top 25 film festivals in the world worth the submission fee by Filmmaker Magazine.
Enjoy my candid chat with Daniel Sol from the HollyShorts! Film Festival.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Official Site
Promo Code for the Monthly Screenings $4 off: indiefilmhustle
Submissions via Film Freeway Promo Code for $5 off submissions: indiefilmhustle16
- Tickets for HollyShorts!
- Film Festival Hacks: How to Submit Your Film Like a Pro
- Filmmaking Hacks: How to Shoot and Market Your Indie Film
- The Million Dollar Screenplay
- USC Film School’s ONLY On-line Course: Directing the Actor
- Bitpix: www.bitpixtv.com
- BlackBox – Make Passive Income From Your Footage
- Studio Unknown Audio Post – Mention the IFH podcast, and you’ll receive 50% off one day of ADR
- Streamlette.com – Submit Your Film (3x Amazon’s Royalty Rate)
- How to Shoot and Direct an Improvised Feature Film in 24 hours
- Filmmaker in a Box – Learn How to Make an Indie Film – 18 Hours+ of Lessons
- Martin Scorsese Film Directing Masterclass
- Ron Howard Film Directing Masterclass
- Judd Apatow Comedy Writing/Directing Masterclass
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting Master Class
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
- IFH MASTERS CIRCLE – Filmmaking Community
- IFH’s Online Film School
- Six Secrets to get into Film Festivals for FREE!
BONUS: Filmmaking Resources
- Martin Scorsese’s Film Directing MasterClass (FREE 7 Day Trail)
- Ron Howard’s Film Directing MasterClass (FREE 7 Day Trial)
- Filmmaking Hacks: Filmmaking Master Course
- Directing Actors Film Workshop
- USC Film School’s ONLY Online Course: Directing the Actor
- Film Lighting MasterClass
- Recording Sound for Indie Film
- The Art of Micro-Budget Filmmaking
- Cinematography MasterClass
- Film Festival Hacks: Submit Like a Pro
- Self-Distributing Your Film Online
If you liked HollyShorts: Confessions of a Film Festival Programmer w/ Daniel Sol,
then you’ll love:
Enjoyed HollyShorts: Confessions of a Film Festival Programmer w/ Daniel Sol? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…