NAB Exclusive Preview: Killer New Sigma Cine Lens Line
I just directed This is Meg star’s Jill-Michele Meleán new Comedy Stand-Up Special and we shot it using SIGMA’s new Cine Lenses 18-35mm and 50-100mm on the Blackmagic Ursa 4.6k. My cinematographer Austin Nordell just can’t stop raving about them and I can’t tell you how AMAZING the footage looked.
We got an exclusive preview of Sigma’s new line of Prime and Zoom Cine Lenses that they’ll be showcasing at this year’s NAB. Here’s the info. They are by far the best bang for your buck you can get in high-end Cine Lenses. Here’s the scoop.
Sigma Corporation of America, a leading DSLR lens, camera, flash and accessory manufacturer, is showcasing its brand new line of Cine lenses, designed for the latest, high-resolution digital cinema cameras, at the NAB 2017 show at booth C11525. The Sigma Cine lens lineup at NAB 2017 includes the High Speed Super 35 Zoom Line: 18-35mm T2 and 50-100mm T2; the FF Zoom Lens: 24-35mm T2.2; and the High Speed Prime line: 20mm T1.5, 24mm T1.5, 35mm T1.5, 50mm T1.5 and the 85mm T1.5. Sigma lenses are designed for industry-standard E, EF and PL mounts, ensuring compatibility with all major digital cinema cameras.
“Sigma’s extensive background in optics and highly compact lens architecture appeals to cinematographers across all genres of filmmaking,” states Sigma Corporation of America President Mark Amir-Hamzeh. “NAB 2017 will serve as the platform to introduce new Sigma Cine lens models that, like its siblings, appeal to the vast and varying needs of cinematographers.”
100% Retained Sigma Optics, 100% New Design
Compatible with the latest high-resolution, full-frame digital cinema cameras, the Cine lenses combine 100% Sigma optics with a 100% new mechanical structure, offering an outstanding form factor with an unbeatable optical performance that appeals to a wide range of cinematographers and videographers:
- Appealing to feature film DPs, the Sigma Cine line offers unparalleled quality and versatility with consistency throughout the line, especially with its primes. Boasting great IQ, Sigma Cine features a wide range of primes for full-frame camera systems with all lenses resolving up to 8K.
- Priced to meet the independent filmmaker budget, the lightweight and compact form factor makes it a win for one-man crews and smaller budgets.
- The attractively priced, diverse suite of lenses makes it easy for editorial and commercial boutiques to invest in the full range of Sigma Cine lenses for a fraction of the cost of similar lens lines, without sacrificing quality, performance or versatility.
High-quality, compact design, and value price tag make Sigma Cine a natural fit for corporate, education and house of worship productions.
The Sigma Cine lens lineup at NAB 2017 will include:
- The Cine High Speed Super 35 Zoom Line: 18-35mm T2 and 50-100mm T2
The High-Speed Zoom line offers the constant aperture of T2 throughout the zoom range with superior optical performance that is capable of high-resolution 6K-8K shooting. Delivering the highest image quality in its class, the High Speed Zoom Line is ergonomically compact and designed for E, EF and PL camera system mounts.
- The Cine FF Zoom Lens: 24-35mm T2.2 FF
Compatible with a full-frame image sensor, the FF Zoom’s outstanding optical performance also supports 6K-8K shooting. Because so few lenses cater to the requirements of the latest digital cinema cameras’ image sensors, this line provides a rare option for cinematographers. The FF Zoom is designed for E and EF camera system mounts.
- The Cine FF High Speed Prime Line: 20mm T1.5 FF, 24mm T1.5 FF, 35mm T1.5 FF, 50mm T1.5 FF and 85mm T1.5 FF
The Cine High-Speed Prime lineup features lenses ranging from 20mm to 85mm, with all five touting an aperture of T5. Highly compact and compatible with full-frame sensors, these lenses offer superior resolution. They bring a consistent level of light to the production, offering greater consistency to any film’s color, contrast, and overall look before it enters post-production. The FF High-Speed Prime line is designed for E, EF and PL camera system mounts.
Sigma Cine Lens Pricing & Availability
The Sigma Cine High-Speed Zoom 18-35mm T2 and 50-100mm T2 lenses began shipping in December 2016 for a retail price of $3999.00 USD. Pricing and availability for the remainder of the Sigma Cine Line will be revealed at NAB 2017.
Hands-on with Sigma Cinema Prime and Zoom Lenses
SIGMA CINE LENS Film | High Speed Zoom Line
BONUS: TOP TEN Online Filmmaking Courses
- Werner Herzog’s Filmmaking MasterClass
- Filmmaking Hacks: Filmmaking Master Course
- Directing Actors Film Workshop
- USC Film School’s ONLY Online Course: Directing the Actor
- Film Lighting MasterClass
- Recording Sound for Indie Film
- The Art of Micro-Budget Filmmaking
- Cinematography MasterClass
- Film Festival Hacks: Submit Like a Pro
- Self-Distributing Your Film Online
If you like NAB Exclusive Preview: Killer New Sigma Cine Lens Line, then click below:
Enjoyed NAB Exclusive Preview: Killer New Sigma Cine Lens Line? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…