The Cure for Writer’s Block with Matthew Kalil
Have you ever had writer’s block? We all have at one point or another and it sucks! Today’s guest, Matthew Kalil, has the cure. He has written a new book called The Three Wells of Screenwriting. Working from a writer’s perspective, the book explores these Three Wells and helps you con-sciously draw from them to develop new scripts, or strengthen old ones. It includes 29 exercises and techniques that help you to write stories that contain fresh ideas, intriguing characters, original scenes, inventive dialogue, unique locations, and important themes.
Here’s a bit on Matthew.
Matthew Kalil is a writer, director and script editor. He has written and co-written over 40 produced episodes of TV and has received various grants, development funding and awards. Matthew’s productions have been screened and broadcast in Canada, Denmark, Morocco, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Kenya, South Africa, Thailand, the United States and the United Kingdom. Since receiving his MA in Screenwriting, he has been teaching, writing and mentoring students for close to 20 years.
Matthew has developed a unique system of screenwriting theory that helps beginners as well as established screenwriters get in touch with their creative cores. His workshops have touched and inspired thousands of participants. His gentle and insightful script editing guidance has helped many writers realize the stories they were always trying to tell.
Some books you read, some books you live. This is one of those books you live…a breakthrough in the writing craft. – Christopher Vogler, author of The Writer’s Journey
I had such a ball with Matthew that I had to make it a crossover episode with the Bulletproof Screenplay Podcast. Enjoy my conversation with Matthew Kalil.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- IFH Video Podcast – Matthew Kalil on IFHTV (Coming Soon)
- Three Wells of Screenwriting
- Matthew Kalil – Official Site
- Michael Weise Books
- Indie Film Hustle TV (Netflix for Filmmakers and Screenwriters)
- Bulletproof Screenplay Script Coverage Service – Get Your Screenplay Covered by Industry Pros
- Indie Film Hustle TV (IFHTV) – Netflix for Screenwriters
- Masterclass Screenwriting Course
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting MasterClass
- David Mamet Dramatic Writing MasterClass
- Shonda Rhimes Masterclass: Learn Television Writing from the Creator of Scandal
- Steve Martin Teaches Comedy Writing & Acting MasterClass
- Judd Apatow Comedy Writing/Directing Masterclass
- Six Secrets to getting into Film Festivals for FREE!
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
If you liked The Cure for Writer’s Block with Matthew Kalil with Steven Vitolo,
then you’ll love:
Enjoyed The Cure for Writer’s Block with Matthew Kalil!? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…