How Bad Do You Want Your Filmmaking Dream?
What are you willing to sacrifice to make your filmmaking dream come true? How bad do you want it? These are the questions I’ll be discussing in today’s episode. If you are looking for something to get you revved up look no further. This is my “tough love” episode. I keep running into filmmakers and people in the business who just like to talk or hide behind excuses. I have two things to say about that.
- Life doesn’t care about excuses.
- The film business doesn’t care about your circumstances.
There are 24 hours in a day. I breakdown 24 hours and I promise you will find out that you have, at least, 4-6 hours a day to dedicate to your craft and dream. Yes, even for those who have a 2-hour commute, work 8 hours and has a family. The power to make your dream to become a reality is only in your hands. No one else’s! I really hope this episode lights that fire in your belly to make your dream come true.
Please share this episode with anyone you think needs to hear it. Listen to this often. Enjoy and keep on hustling.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure (FREE AUDIOBOOK VERSION)
- The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8 AM) (FREE AUDIOBOOK VERSION)
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life (FREE AUDIOBOOK VERSION)
- Ego Is the Enemy (FREE AUDIOBOOK VERSION)
- The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph (FREE AUDIOBOOK VERSION)
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life (FREE AUDIOBOOK VERSION)
- Crush It!: Why NOW Is the Time to Cash In on Your Passion (FREE AUDIOBOOK VERSION)
- The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself (FREE AUDIOBOOK VERSION)
- Filmaka – $30,000 Web Series Competition (END FEB 4th)
- Shooting for the Mob – Amazon Pre-Order Link
- Shooting for the Mob – (Sign Up for a FREE Copy & Join the Launch Team)
- Bulletproof Screenplay Script Coverage Service – Get Your Screenplay Covered by Industry Pros
- Indie Film Hustle TV (IFHTV) – Netflix for Screenwriters
- Masterclass Screenwriting Course
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting MasterClass
- David Mamet Dramatic Writing MasterClass
- Shonda Rhimes Masterclass: Learn Television Writing from the Creator of Scandal
- Steve Martin Teaches Comedy Writing & Acting MasterClass
- Judd Apatow Comedy Writing/Directing Masterclass
- Six Secrets to getting into Film Festivals for FREE!
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
If you liked The Hidden Tools of Comedy with Steve Kaplan,
then you’ll love:
Enjoyed The Hidden Tools of Comedy with Steve Kaplan? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…