How to Break Down & Story Map Your Screenplay with Daniel Calvisi
Today’s guest is author Daniel Calvisi. Dan wrote the book Story Maps: How to Write a GREAT Screenplay. He breaks down stories and shows you how to map out your own by analyzing how the masters construct their screenplays. Here’s a bit more on today’s guest.
Daniel Calvisi is a story analyst, speaker, screenwriter and the author of Story Maps: How to Write a GREAT Screenplay, Story Maps: TV Drama: The Structure of the One-Hour Television Pilot, Story Maps: 12 Great Screenplays and Story Maps: The Films of Christopher Nolan. He is a former Story Analyst for major studios like Twentieth Century Fox, Miramax
He is a former Story Analyst for major studios like Twentieth Century Fox, Miramax Films, and New Line Cinema. He coaches writers, teaches webinars on writing for film and television with The Writers Store and speaks at writing conferences and book signings. He holds a degree in Film and Television from the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University.
So stop reading this and listen to the podcast already. Enjoy my conversation with Daniel Calvisi.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Daniel Calvisi – Official Site
- Daniel Calvisi – YouTube
- Story Maps: How to Write a GREAT Screenplay
- Story Maps: TV Drama: The Structure of the One-Hour Television Pilot
- Story Maps: 12 Great Screenplays and Story Maps: The Films of Christopher Nolan
- Indie Film Hustle TV – (The Netflix for Screenwriters & Filmmakers – LAUNCHES Nov 1, 2018
- Bulletproof Screenplay Script Coverage Service – Get Your Screenplay Covered by Industry Pros
- Masterclass Screenwriting Course
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Screenwriting Audio Book)
BONUS: Filmmaking Resources
- Filmmaking Hacks: Filmmaking Master Course
- Directing Actors Film Workshop
- USC Film School’s ONLY Online Course: Directing the Actor
- Film Lighting MasterClass
- Recording Sound for Indie Film
- The Art of Micro-Budget Filmmaking
- Cinematography MasterClass
- Film Festival Hacks: Submit Like a Pro
- Self-Distributing Your Film Online
If you liked How to Break Down & Story Map Your Screenplay with Daniel Calvisi,
then you’ll love:
Enjoyed How to Break Down & Story Map Your Screenplay with Daniel Calvisi? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email, etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks. I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…
Please note some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase or use a service. Understand that I have experience with all of these services, products, and companies, and I recommend them because they’re extremely helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I earn if you decide to buy something. Thx u!