How Screenwriters Can Navigate the Hollywood System with Scott Myers
For screenwriters, navigating the shark-infested waters of the Hollywood system can be a daunting task. You never know what the producer or studio is looking for. How do you pitch your story properly? So many questions. I hope today’s guest can help guide you a bit through those waters.
Scott Myers has been a professional Hollywood screenwriter for over 30 years. Since selling his spec script K-9 in 1987, Scott has written 30 projects for every major Hollywood studio and broadcast network. His film writing credits include K-9 starring Jim Belushi, Alaska starring Vincent Kartheiser, and Trojan War starring Jennifer Love Hewitt.
From 2002–2010, Scott was an executive producer at Trailblazer Studios, a television production company. In 2002, he began teaching screenwriting in his spare time. He won the UCLA Extension Writers’ Program Outstanding Instructor Award in 2005 and for eight years taught in the Writing for Screen and Stage program at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill.
He has hosted Go Into The Story, an amazing screenwriting website, since its launch May 16, 2008, and is partnered with the Black List as its official screenwriting blog.
Scott breaks down the Hollywood system, talks about story and structure and just tells it how it really is in the business. Enjoy my conversation with Scott Myers.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Go Into the Story
- Scott Myers- Facebook
- Scott Myers – Twitter
- DOWNLOAD – The Coen Brothers Screenplays
- DOWNLOAD – Chris Nolan Screenplays
- DOWNLOAD – Quentin Tarantino Screenplays
- DOWNLOAD – TV Script for 2016-2018 Season
- Steve Martin Comedy MasterClass
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting Master Class
- Shonda Rhimes Television Writing Masterclass
- Bulletproof Screenplay Script Coverage Service – Get Your Screenplay Covered by Industry Pros
- Masterclass Screenwriting Course (FREE 7 Day Trial)
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Screenwriting Audio Book)
- IFH Masters Circle Filmmaking Community
- IFH’s Online Film School
- Six Secrets to get into Film Festivals for FREE!
To share your thoughts:
To help the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe to the Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Soundcloud or via RSS
Thank you, Scott, for a great interview!!!
If you liked How Screenwriters Can Navigate the Hollywood System with Scott Myers, check out:
Enjoyed How Screenwriters Can Navigate the Hollywood System with Scott Myers? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email, etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks. I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…
Please note some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase or use a service. Understand that I have experience with all of these services, products, and companies, and I recommend them because they’re extremely helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I earn if you decide to buy something. Thx u!